Jungle Fun - Kayak, Surf, Hike, Yoga and more...
The beauty of this place is that you can do everything or nothing and still have a great time. We like to say that "there's so much not to do!".
If you're up for it, each day offers a unique adventure. Please inquire about scheduling activities and taylored itineraries for groups & retreats. We are happy to help you design your jungle and ocean experience.
Tailwind adventure tours are also available to visitors not staying at the lodge. Please inquire.
Explore this spectacular coastline from behind the bow of one of Tailwind's sea kayaks. Our tours are perfect for paddlers of all levels. Surround yourself with bountiful sea life and view the coastline from offshore-a delightful new perspective and a treat that simply cannot be missed! There are secluded beaches, intimate coves and miles of wild Pacific coastline waiting for you... Tailwind's sea kayaking excursions launch out of the town of Los Ayala (20 min. drive north of San Pancho). Rates: 2 people $60/person, 3 -5 people $50/person, 6+ people $45/person. Please contact us for more information. Advance reservations recommended.
Trek along spectacular jungle ridges and through groves of mango, avocado and giant stran-gler fig trees. Discover deserted white sand beaches and savor breathtaking vistas. Stop to enjoy intriguing wildlife along the way. Hiking around this area is a great way to acquaint one-self with the natural beauties of this coastline. Tailwind guests are provided with maps of the trails. Depending on availability a hiking guide may be available.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding
New this year! Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP). Try this interesting and fun alternative to surfing. No waves necessary! A great full body workout and a fun way to see the ocean wildlife below. Stand Up Paddle boarding is the fastest growing sport in the world. Join us in discovering what this new sport is all about. Cost: $60/person includes board and instruction. Board rentals also available.
Yoga in the jungle is magical. Looking up at the palms and listening to the sound of the waves crashing throughout a yoga session is truly unique. Yoga instructors are available to come out to the jungle and teach a yoga class.
This coastline is littered with surf breaks that are great for all levels of surfer, including beginners! Glassy waves of all sizes can always be found and thoroughly enjoyed. Surf lessons and guided tours of beautiful, uncrowded surf breaks can be arranged through the San Pancho surf shop. Be interested in being guided to surf breaks well off the beaten track. Begin and end the day with surf sessions and retreat the jungle to relax in between! Surfing lesson start at 500 pesos/person (approx. $45 usd).Holistic Health Services
The Tailwind jungle lodge is now offering personalized health consulting services and workshops.
Make your visit to the jungle an opportunity to discover a new level of health. Between tropical activities, the Tailwind jungle lodge is the ideal place to restore balance to your life and achieve genuine health and happiness. Please visit the Holistic Health Coaching Page for more information.Massage
What better way to treat yourself than with a relaxing massage? Massages in the jungle will help you ease right into your tropical vacation and melt away all the stress. Massage is available for $60 usd/hour. Reservations must be made well in advance.
Other things to do at the Tailwind Lodge:
- Lounge by the pool
- Visit the top deck
- Schedule a yoga class (min. of 3 people)
- Schedule a massage
- Relax and lounge in the hammock
- Wander to the beach (follow trails down to the left of the pool)
- Hike to the Buddha
- Hike to the Los Muertos (therapeutic mud)
- Hike the avocado loop (see hiking section)
- Cook yourself a mexican feast
Activities in the Area
- Surfing (San Pancho surf shop)
- Yoga, massage, reflexology, strengthen/toning classes, and more! el-estar.org, mexifit.com
- Bird Watching Tours, birdingsanpancho.com
- Visit Entreamigos (San Pancho community center, main street)** entreamigos.org.mx
- Beach side restaurants (great for sunset)
- Visit art galleries/gift shops
- Watch a polo game (Saturday afternoon)
- Explore local beaches**
- Deep Sea Fishing, divatours.net
- Horseback riding (Costa Azul resort)
- Sailing, (Anclote or La Cruz de Huanacaxtle)
- Zip-lining (Sayulita)
- Visit town of Sayulita (just south of San Pancho)
- Sayulita beach giant margaritas (ask about the fishbowl)
- La Peñita Market, Thursday only (9 am - 1:30 pm)**
- Petroglyphs, Alta Vista
- Hot Springs, Cuata
- Tour Puerto Vallarta Malecon (boardwalk) and Zona Romantica
- Botanical Gardens (south of Puerto Vallarta)
- Visit the town of Yelapa (1 hour drive, 30 min. boat ride)
- Visit San Blas (3 hours drive north)
- Strengthening/Toning Classes